Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Adventures In Creating Without Fear Week #1

I was totally inspired today when coming across Kelly Angard's Blog of Scrapping and Creative Collage. What inspirational words and pieces. She's starting a new Technique Tuesday: Adventures in Creating Without Fear. You can see her post here: http://creativecollage.blogspot.com/2006/04/week-1-admitting-our-fears-I-am.html .
Week #1 Exercise:What are you most afraid of? Write down as many fears as you can think of when it comes to creating. If you are having a hard time thinking of your fears, instead try thinking of what challenges you when it comes to creating:do you have a hard time getting started?do you worry about whether your art/page/layout is "good enough"?are you happy with what you've created no matter whether anyone else likes it?do you have a hard time knowing when a piece of work is done?
In any of my artistic pieces whether it be scrapbooking, writing, or tole painting I have many fears. Some of them are:
- I am afraid of not getting my point of an artistic piece across
- I am afraid to start techniques that are new
- I am always comparing myself to other artists and think I am not good enough
- I am afraid that I'll never be able to create the ideas that are constantly running around in my head
- I am afraid that those I show my work to will think I'm stupid
- I'm afraid of loosing my creativity
- I am afraid of following what's in my head instead of following patterns or templates

1 comment:

Jennifer S. said...

great challenge eh? I'm going to do some thinking on this today...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...