Sunday, May 31, 2009
I've been thinking about gratitude a lot this past week or so. You know, I have never really stopped each day to pause and think of what I have to be grateful for. I guess I am always stressing about the little things and the negative things. Doing this exercises for therapy where I have to write down what I am grateful for each day is so awesome. It is really making me sit down and think about my day. To think of the positive for once and the just thank God for what is in my life.
1. I am grateful for all that I am learning right now.
2. I am grateful for music.
3. I am grateful for being able to listen to the singing birds as the sun comes up.
I can do this!
Friday Gratitude List
1. I am grateful for attending Amber's assembly today.
2. I am grateful for being able to stay home with the kids and be there for them.
3. I am grateful for people who believe in me.
I deserve to have a great life.
Thursday Gratitude List
1. I am grateful for words that I can read so many good books and journal my thoughts.
2. I am grateful for my creativity.
3. I am grateful for hugs from the girls.
I deserve to be happy.
Wednesday Gratitude List
1. I am grateful for hearing the girls giggle.
2. I am grateful for my 2 new favorite shows on TV (Ice Road Truckers & Deadliest catch)
3. I am grateful for therapy.
I am getting stronger every day.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
1. I am grateful for nice nights to eat outside.
2. I am grateful for lots of meat in my freezer.
3. I am grateful for good friends to talk to.
My life is filled with love.
Wednesday's Gratitude List:
1. I am grateful for Emily's bedtime "super" hugs
2. I am grateful for Amber's love of reading. She enjoys it so much!!
3. I am grateful for the ability to help others through what I am going through.
I can create positive changes in my life.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Every thought you think, every word you say is an affirmation. Our "self-talk" is a string of affirmations. As we live our lives we are constantly running strings of affirmations through our heads. These affirmations that we have about ourselves can be both positive and negative, and are often developed throughout our childhood. Everything we think and everything we say reflects upon our inner truths and beliefs about who we are or who we have perceived ourselves to be as children. The affirmations we have can also come from the adults whom we were around during our childhood. We often "take on" their affirmations. Our thoughts and beliefs influence every area of our lives.
You can use something called positive affirmations to change your thinking. These are usually short sentences you use to challenge the negative beliefs that you have and to replace them with positive ones. It allows you a way to become more conscious of the beliefs and thoughts you have about yourself so that you are able to change your thoughts to those that are more constructive and positive. Using these affirmations in our lives daily helps us to focus on the positive and to focus on the things we want, as well as the areas we our lives where we need to make changes. Positive affirmations help to counter our "self-talk".
When you are thinking of positive affirmations that you can focus on there are many areas you can look to. Focus on hopes, wishes, dreams, health, relationships, wellness and self-image. make sure to focus on the present and keep the affirmations positve. Throughout the day try to keep your affirmation in the forefront of your mind. It helps to write it down somewhere. Whenever you see them read the affirmation to yourself with confidence and believe it. The more you focus on these affirmations the more you will come to believe them. Thoughts will begin changing from negative to positive. These affirmations will begin to make a real difference in your life.
Perhaps now that I have learned more about affirmations it will be a little aesier to come up with positive ones for my life. Perhaps I will begin to focus more on the positive.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Today's Gratitude List:
1. I am grateful for moments spent tonight with Emily playing in the mud and with Amber watching TV.
2. I am grateful for my Zoey. I love her so much!!!
3. I am grateful for my love of documenting our lives.
When I believe in myself so do others.
Sunday's Gratitude List:
1. I am grateful for spending time at the cottage with family.
2. I am grateful for BBQ's.
3. I am grateful for the first boat ride of the season.
I am choosing to look more carefully at the things I need to change in my life to be happy and be the person I want to be.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wake up to your own strength. Wake up to the role you play
in your own destiny. Wake up to the power you have to
choose what you think, do, and say."
~Inspirational Author and Speaker~
Friday, May 22, 2009
1. I am grateful for my mom - I don't know what I'd do without her.
2. I am grateful for a vehicle that I can rely on.
3. I am grateful for food in my cupboards.
I posses great power.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
1. I am grateful for having the chance to share in my daughter's lives as they grow up.
2. I am grateful for my cameras to document our lives.
3. I am grateful for cups of hot black coffee in the mornings.
I am filled with compassion.