Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 PEAS Sunday Blogger Challenge -AUGUST RUSH

Feel free to join us if you blog Challenge~ Whats the last good movie you say? What did ya like about it?




Just a little whit ago I watched this movie called August Rush. It is a beautiful story about two people who meet and fall in love. They never get the chance to get together after their first night together. Kerri Russell plays the girl who ends up pregnant. She looses the baby in a car accident and spends her life wishing for the baby and the boy she fell in love with. She later finds that her father had the baby given up for adoption. All she wants at this point is to find him. The little boy ends up on the street playing music for money. As soon as he is given a guitar he is instantly able to play and conduct all that is around him. He says in the movie "I believe in music the way some people believe in fairy tales," August wants to find his birth parents and it's as if the music in this all draws the three of them together. He is reunited with them at the end. There is something about this movie that just speaks to me. The music drew me in for the whole movie. I think what really drew me in was this young boy who wanted to meet his parents so badly and knew that his parents had wanted him. I don't know if it spoke to me so much because I was adopted. Watching the movie you see this fantasy that the boy has about finding his birth parents and them wanting him and really that is the secret dream of most adopted people I know. This movie will definitely find it's way into my collection because it has already found it's way into my heart.

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

Hi Sandy..
I loved this movie too.. loved it for all the same reasons you mentioned.. I just cried both times I saw it earlier this year.. it's definitely one I'd love for my movie collection!
Hugs,
how are you??
I've been busy busy around here, we're getting ready to move to Fargo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...