Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Got A New Job

I have been unemployed since November and just found out Friday that I got hired for a new job and start on Monday. I have lots of mixed feelings about this. I am a single mom so I really do need an income coming in to support my little girls. I know that the responsible thing is to work and make money. Problem is these past six months being home to parent my girls has been amazing. I have loved every minute of being there for them all the time. I love being there for every part of there day. I am going to miss all the little things of everyday. I do not really like the fact that they will be taken care of by someone else. I guess I am just feeling a little bit of mom guilt that I need to be here for them. I am looking forwards to starting training though tomorrow and finding more about the job. I do know it is for an inbound call center doing telephone customer service. But that's all I know. They would not tell me the contract I will be working on until I sign my contract tomorrow. I guess I am just feeling nervous that I will not like it. Having been a stay-at-home mom for the past six months it is going to be a huge change for me to start back in the workforce. Like I said lots of mixed emotions.

10 comments:

emily said...

{{Hugs}} Enjoy your first day. I can imagine there are many mixed feelings but you still can hold on to those six months you had with your children. Maybe make some plans for special things to do with them over the next few months on your days off?? Good luck tomororw

mborrero said...

Sandra this is an amazing opportunity. Go in with full confidence and know that everything is okay. Release your anxiety and feel your success. All is well.

I am so happy for you.

Krissynae said...

Congratulations on your new job. you will do great.

This is me: Sweet Pete said...

I hope your first day is fantastic! Don't worry about the girls, as they grow up they will appreciate that you worked so hard for them at home & out there.

Angela2932 said...

Congratulations and I hope tomorrow is wonderful! All first days on jobs are scary! If it ends up not being the job for you, see it as a "stepping stone" toward getting something more enjoyable and building more security for you and your children. As much as you'll miss your children, it'll be good for them to get exposure to others as well. (Even though the time with you is the best.) Kids to best when mom can be happy. . . .Tell us how it goes!

Heather said...

Good luck with the first day. I've been home with my son for over two years now and I'm sure it would be difficult to go back full-time. I was raised by a single mother and she did the best she could and we always knew she did everything for us and that we were loved. Your girls will know this too!

Bonita Rose said...

hugs, best of luck! I know how you feel.. I always feel terrible when I can't be with my kids... trust me, I know what u are feeling.. re the call center job.. give it a try.. I used to do that at Target before I quit to move to Fargo.. all I gotta say.. try your hardest.. the environment I worked in was not the best.. but not every place is the same.. I wish you all the best !!! BIG HUGS

toners said...

Sandra, I hope that everything went well on your first day. You are doing a terrific job being there for your girls in all ways. Congrats!

milkcan said...

congrats on the new job! I'm sure the transition will be a-okay!

Sarah Coggins said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope the first week is going well. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...