Saturday, June 04, 2011

Daddy's Gone

On Thursday June 2nd, 2011 my father Art Schoenherr passed away. I just can't believe it. I think I am still in a bit of shock. He's been sick for a very long time. I haven't shared that with many people as he was a proud man and he didn't want people to know he was sick. After being sick for months just after Christmas we found out that dad has colon cancer. In April he had surgery to remove the tumor. We were told that they got it all and that it had not affected any other part of the body. That he was cancer free. When he came home from the hospital after surgery he just kept getting sicker and sicker each day. He stopped eating and was hardly drinking anything and he became so weak. Mom and I & finally called an ambulance this Tuesday to have him taken to hospital. He was stubborn though and wanted to stay home. He was admitted into hospital on Tuesday and then passed away Thursday morning. I was there with him. That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I am going to miss him so very much. He was a hard man, a stubborn man but he was a good man and I loved him so very much. He was an incredible Popa to my girls. I just can't believe we have to live without him now. That he won't be there when we go out to the house. That he won't be at the cottage this summer. I feel like part of me is missing.

Dad, you were an amazing dad and an amazing Popa. Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I was the luckiest person in the world they day I was adopted and you became my dad. I love you with my whole heart and will be thinking of you and missing you every single day. Rest well Daddy. I love you.










1 comment:

Pierre BOYER said...

Il faut garder les bons souvenirs en mémoire...
Se souvenir des belles choses...

Pierre

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...