Thursday, October 09, 2008

My Girls

Amber has been sick for so long now - my heart just aches for her. It's been almost seven weeks now. It started as what seemed like a bad cough that just kept getting worse. CHEO said her chest was clear and that it was probably just allergies or asthma. They prescribed an inhaler. Our family doctor feels it's allergies as well so he has ordered more allergy testing for her. Now though, she is always feeling sick to her stomach and keeps gagging especially when she coughs. The poor little girl was crying in the van at school yesterday morning saying "I've been sick for so long when will I get better? I don't know what to tell her. She came back home with me and laid on the couch watching Frosty the Snowman (I don't get that part). She kept wanting ketchup chips (I don't get that part either.)

I had the cutest converstion with Emily the other night while she was doing her reading for school. It went like this:
"I believe in leprachauns.
They mostly come out in winter.
It was by the bench on the side you know at the school but not by the kindergarten end.
It was hiding underneath and I saw it.
At least I think I did."
Just too cute!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...